Published on January 4th, 2015 | by Grant Barnard0
Hire Large Painting Company or Smaller Painters
Hiring the right painters can be very difficult. One of the main choices is whether to hire smaller painters or a large painting company. Here, we will let you know the differences to help you make a better decision on which painters to hire. Whatever you decide, remember to rule out anybody that subcontracts out work to non-company painters.
Benefits Of Hiring Small Painters
- More personalized service.
- Generally lower costs of doing business, leading to a better price to the customer.
- Better communication with all parties of the painting company. This can really be valuable if problems arise.
Issues With Hiring Small Painters
- Less employees to service your painting needs. This can lead to less knowledge and innovation that would get your job done correctly.
- The owner is generally working on the crew also. This means that if you have an issue with the painting crew, you must solve this problem with the crew and not a “higher up” that the painters may fear. Issues with quality may be taken personally by the owner which can lead to the outcome not being in your best interest.
- Smaller painters buy less paint and have less buying power. Higher costs on paint can lead to less paint being used and a thinner coating to protect your home OR simply cheaper paint than could otherwise be used for the same costs.
Benefits Of Hiring A Larger Painting Company
- Larger painters have more resources to do your job correctly.
- Lower costs of paint meaning better paint and thicker paint coatings.
- Larger painters have the ability to finish your painting job quickly and with less hassle to you.
Issues With A Larger Painting Company
- More resources mean higher costs of doing business, sometimes meaning higher costs of painting.
- Sometimes larger painters are actually franchises. Franchises are always going to have higher costs due to franchise fees. Franchises are only bought because the advertising plan is guaranteed for the owner. Although some franchise painters do deliver great paint jobs at reasonable prices, we NEVER suggest hiring a franchise painter.
- Depending on the company structure, sometimes your effort to communicate smaller needs may be lost in poor communication.
Grants Painting is an Indianapolis painter that is growing to a larger business while keeping the personalized touch. We pride ourselves on achieving the best of both worlds to deliver our services MUCH better than other painters.